GitLab is a fast-growing, all-remote company with team members around the globe. They value transparency, iteration, diversity, collaboration, results, and efficiency. Open source is infused into everything they do: their culture,their way of life, their story, what makes them truly unique.
Sound like a team you’d want to join? Browse their open roles and learn more
UX Researcher/ Sr UX Researcher, Ops
What you’ll do in this role
- Proactively identify generative user research projects within your stage groups. Work collaboratively with Product Managers to execute research projects.
- Divide your time across strategic research, problem validation, and solution validation.
- Guide, and where necessary train, Product Designers in how to undertake evaluative research projects and in how to create strategic deliverables (such as journey maps, storyboards, competitive analyses, and personas).
- Form a working understanding of the technology and features of the stage groups to which you are assigned, and have a working knowledge of the end-to-end GitLab product.
- Evangelize research. Share user insights with the broader organization and externally in creative ways to increase empathy.
- Lead strategic user research initiatives that span multiple-stage groups (and possibly the entire product).
- Mentor UX Researchers, both inside and outside of your stage groups.
- Actively contribute to UX Research processes, documentation, and repositories.
- Engage in social media efforts, including writing blog articles and responding on Twitter, as appropriate.
- Interview potential UX candidates.
You should apply if you bring:
- Significant professional experience with user research.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Experience working for a tech startup.
- Experience working with a remote team.
- Enterprise software experience.
You’ll stand out if you bring:
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
- Degree in psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction or related field.
- Passion for open source tools.
- Passion for developer experience.
For more information and to apply please visit: https://remotejobsireland.com/job/git-lab-ux-researcher-sr-ux-researcher-ops-2021-08-26
Senior Security Engineer, Trust & Safety
What you’ll do in this role
- Triage and respond to Trust and Safety related incidents originating from GitLab.com
- Assess and integrate new tools and technologies, particularly open-source, in order to improve our operational efficiencies
- Assist with training and onboarding of new team members
- Assist with operational tasks if needed. Examples Include: Processing abuse reports, mitigating active and/or ongoing abusive activity
- Develop systems to detect abusive activity on GitLab.com
- Code reviews related to Trust and Safety tooling
- Identify possible new abuse vectors and communicate them to the relevant stakeholders
- Utilize log ingestion platforms for analyzing and identifying the tactics, techniques and patterns of abusive users
- Contribute to the creation of documentation and runbooks
- Contribute to the production and tuning of anti-abuse detection and mitigation tooling
- Triage and handle escalated issues independently
- Conduct architecture reviews on Trust and Safety tooling/systems
- Interview security candidates during the hiring process*
You should apply if you bring:
- Significant professional experience in Software Engineering with some experience in web or cloud security or abuse detection
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with incident response
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to build working relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience with operating system internals, web applications and browser security
- Experience using log analysis platforms such as ELK, BigQuery, etc
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, and/or Azure
For more information and to apply please visit: https://remotejobsireland.com/job/git-lab-senior-security-engineer-trust-and-safety-anti-abuse-2021-08-26
Director, Security Operations
- Secure our product, services (GitLab.com, package servers, other infrastructure), and company (laptops, email)
- Define and plan priorities for security-related activities based on that risk analysis
- Determine the appropriate combination of internal security efforts and external security efforts including bug bounty programs, external security audits (penetration testing, black box, white box testing)
- Analyze and advise on new security technologies
- Build and manage a team, which currently consists of Security Managers, Security Engineers, and Security Analysts
- Identify and fill positions
- Grow skills in team leads and team members, for example by creating training and testing materials
- Deliver input on promotions, function changes, demotions, and terminations
- Ensure our engineers and contributors from the wider community run a secure software development lifecycle for GitLab by training them in best practices and creating automated tools
- Involve in major security and service abuse events
- Ensure we’re compliant with our legal and contractual security obligations
- Evangelise GitLab Security and Values to staff, customers and prospects
- Significant application and SaaS security experience in production-level settings
- This position does not require extensive development experience but the candidate should be very familiar with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws that apply to Ruby on Rails applications
- Experience managing teams of engineers, and leading managers
- Experience with incident management
For more information and to apply please visit: https://remotejobsireland.com/job/git-lab-director-security-operations-2021-08-26
Support Engineer, APAC
Support Engineering at GitLab isn’t just a title – those who occupy this role are embedded within the Engineering department and truly operate in an environment where Support and Engineering meet. You’ll interact with customers daily as they encounter the difficult edge cases of running GitLab in complex environments. In the space of a day, you might be doing behind the scenes work of a Linux administrator troubleshooting performance problems by using strace on a particular process, interacting with the Product team to ensure that steps in a bug report are reproducible, or interacting with the Engineering team itself by diving deep into our codebase and putting together a merge request to actually fix a customer issue. That’s not all though – you’d equally be invited to improve the documentation, help build out more efficient support processes in the issue tracker, and dive into the cutting edge technologies that will define how we will do work tomorrow. They want to live in a world where everyone can contribute, and as a member of the support team, there are no barriers to using your skills to improve the experience of our users and customers.
You should apply if:
- you’re a natural communicator and delight in using those skills to help others.
- you love exploring new technologies and figuring things out the hard way.
- you’ve got 2+ years of experience in a support or other service-oriented customer-facing role.
- within the last 5 years, you’ve worked at one company for at least 2 years.
- you have experience writing support content.
- you’re experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for handoff to the development team, and case resolution.
- you have experience being on-call and can jump into a complex situation and make sense of and communicate clearly to stakeholders what’s going on.
- you’re comfortable using support platforms such as Zendesk and Salesforce.
- you’re able to communicate complex technical topics to customers and coworkers of varying technical skill levels.
- you’re experienced with some of the following: Linux, Git, CI/CD, MVC frameworks (Rails, Django, Laravel or others).
For more information and to apply please visit: https://remotejobsireland.com/job/git-lab-support-engineer-apac-2021-08-26
Backend Engineer, Database
- Develop new features in collaboration with our product management, UX, and frontend teams.
- Keep changes small and iterate towards the best solution.
- Reviewing database related changes submitted by other engineers or community contributors
- Documenting database best practices or patterns to avoid
- Developing tooling to proactively inform developers of potential performance issues
- Research, design and implement solutions to improve product performance
You should apply if:
- you have significant professional software engineering experience with PostgreSQL in large production environments
- you have significant experience with Ruby on Rails or other Ruby frameworks
- you can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level
- you are passionate about open source.
- you have strong written communication skills.
- you are self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- you have demonstrated the ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term. Within the last 5 years, you’ve worked at one company for at least 2 years.
- you have demonstrated the ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- you are able to thrive in a fully remote organization
- you are able to use GitLab
- you share the values, and work in accordance with those values
- Experience in a peak performance organization, preferably a tech startup
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor
- Product company experience
- Experience working with a remote team
- Enterprise software company experience
- Developer platform/tool industry experience
- Experience working with a global or otherwise multicultural team
- Computer science education or equivalent experience
- Passionate about/experienced with open source and developer tools
For more information and to apply please visit: https://remotejobsireland.com/job/git-lab-backend-engineer-database-2021-08-26